Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Low Self Esteem

I wonder if I'm pretty. I'm skinny, light skinned with hazel eyes and my hair flows down my back. I never really tried to think about my appearance because I don’t consider myself as pretty and nice looking like the other girls. My neighbor told me I had beautiful eyes. Do I? I don't know what to think, how can anything be beautiful about me when I get called names like ugly-mugly and freaky eyes. I personally never thought of myself as being cute or attracting. Maybe I should, it probably would bring up my self esteem. (This Story is told from the perspective of Cindy the main character from the book Someone to Love Me). Self esteem is a common problem in urban youth culture. It can bring a person down or build a person up, it can make a person feel really good about their self or really bad. It determinds the physical appearance and emotional feelings you'll have in the future about yourself. For more information http://www.moreselfesteem.com/selfesteemarticle.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment